Pelvic floor physical therapist, and Restorative Exercise specialist Susan McLaughlin interviewed me recently about my difficult postpartum healing process, and lessons learned since through my doula work.
Spoiler alert: my success had nothing to do with kegels.
Susan is a gem of wisdom in the realm of whole body alignment, pregnancy and childbirth, and pelvic floor health. I recommend listening to other episodes of her podcast, and subscribing to her blog. (No kickbacks here!)
Listen to her interview with me here, and learn about:
- Truly integrated healing strategies (i.e. calf stretches to stop urinary incontinence)
- Patience and compassion in the healing process
- Alignment and movement as the health solution to life away from nature
- Common alignment-related symptoms of pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period
- The groundbreaking work of biomechanist Katy Bowman
- The magic of the psoas release
Keep watching for an upcoming post with links to my favorite childbirth preparation and postpartum healing practices.